As the coronavirus outbreak continues to develop, we want to share what United Fiber & Data is doing to ensure the health and safety of our stakeholders while maintaining our commitment to provide critical and essential communications services to our customers and partners.
The United Fiber & Data team is standing by, ready to help anyone impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic needing immediate support with any increased demands for bandwidth or capacity. Our diversely built fiber optic network is designed with redundancy and growth in mind, allowing our customers to scale their network as their company’s data demands increase. In addition, we are now offering more flexible business terms and are able to light additional fiber pairs when the need arises.
In response to the growing pandemic, United Fiber & Data remains fully operational and available 24/7. Our team will assist you with any increased demands for bandwidth and service issues, or any other questions you might have.
We want you to know that United Fiber & Data has implemented significant steps to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus. Our top priority is and always will be the health and safety of our employees, their families, our customers, and partners.
The steps we have taken to date include:
- United Fiber & Data is actively monitoring the information shared by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) and is taking every precaution in accordance with their guidelines to ensure the well-being of our employees, customers, and partners. We have distributed guidelines and educational material to our employees, based on the CDC recommendations, to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- All of our corporate offices are closed, and the majority of our employees are working from home. Our flexible working hours ensure our employees with children or additional family members at home have the appropriate flexibility needed at this time.
- Our team is working diligently to support and maintain our and our customers’ critical network infrastructure. We are taking specific steps to ensure we continue to provide the expected best-in-class performance, service, and
- We’ve restricted visits to our facilities, regen sites, and partnering data centers to critical work only. All non-essential travel has been postponed during this time.
- We’ve mobilized our team to engage with customers, partners, and industry peers that need increased communications services and/or support. We are now offering contracts with more than flexible terms to meet customers’ increasing demands during this challenging time.
- United Fiber & Data is collaborating with our customers and partners to prioritize urgent requests for capacity upgrades.
- United Fiber & Data has conducted a thorough review of our preparedness and response activities. We have created and implemented a business continuity plan to ensure seamless and safe business operations throughout this challenging time.
- United Fiber & Data is closely monitoring the current events and will continue to keep our stakeholders informed on any significant changes to these measures and procedures.
On behalf of our United Fiber & Data family, I want to thank you for your partnership, loyalty, and the trust you’ve placed in us. The entire United Fiber & Data team is committed to meeting your needs and is putting their sole focus on helping you through this unprecedented time. We are here and ready to help!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need us. You can count on us!
In the meantime, be safe and stay healthy.
Felipe J. Alvarez
CEO of United Fiber & Data